Volunteer for Boston's Largest Free Day of Art & Culture
We're seeking volunteers for the 1 day event, Opening Our Doors, a festival of a 80+ art, music, and cultural happenings--all free and all in the Fenway. Contributing institutions including the Museum of Fine Arts, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Berklee College of Music, and the Huntington Theatre, and 17 others are partnering to host activities ranging from musical and dance performances to “behind-the-scenes” tours of Boston's art institutions, glass blowing in the park, indoor kite flying, interactive public art, tours of the Emerald Necklace, and much more.
We encourage you to volunteer for this 1 day event to help with setting up, breaking down, and distributing info about all of the day's exciting activities! This is a great chance to get involved with the amazing artists and organizations that make up Boston's vibrant art & music scene. Each volunteer will received a complementary OOD T-Shirts.
Opening Our Doors takes place October 9th from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The day kicks off at 10am on the Christian Science Plaza, at 235 Huntington Ave/Avenue of the Arts. A complimentary trolley will shuttle visitors to programming at key sites including Evans Way Park and Northeastern's Krentzman Quad.
A Few Highlights:
- American Therapy Booth, an interactive art installation at Evans Way by Julie Ann Otis
- Paint & Play Pianos at SMFA and the Christian Science Plaza
- Interactive Dry-Erase Mural by ARCK at the Christian Science Plaza
- Performances and activities at Northeastern University's Krentzman Quadrangle by students from Berklee College of Music, Boston University, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Emerson College, Northeastern University, and more!
- Performances by ZUMIX, Trillfit, Z-Spot, Bristol Studios, Bostons Childrens Chorus, Hyde Square Task Force, Sociedad Latina, Zili Misik, and more!
An open-mind; Interest in art, music, or community; students encouraged to apply as this is a great intro to Boston's vibrant cultural scene!
How To Apply:
Contact: Lauren Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 29, 2017
About this Organization:
The Fenway Alliance is a consortium of 21 cultural, academic and research institutions working collaboratively to enhance the cultural, economic and environmental vitality of the Fenway neighborhood.