The Lighting and Sound Assistant is
responsible for assisting the Lighting and Sound Supervisor in the execution of
all their duties as assigned. The position’s primary role will be to serve as
the board operator for both Lights and Sound for Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s
(MRT) seven-show season. In return they can expect to hone all of the skills
necessary to pursue a career in either the lighting or sound fields in a
professional theatre environment.
• Assist the Lighting and Sound Supervisor
(L&SS) in all aspects of show preparation and load-in as assigned.
Act as Assistant Master Electrician under
the supervision of the L&SS for a set number of shows in the season
• Assist with the upkeep of all MRT lighting
and sound equipment as directed by L&SS.
• Be prepared to handle basic show maintenance
• Assist with the maintenance all MRT house,
external and exit lights. Assist other production staff with general office
• Function as both Light and Sound Board
Operator for the run of all 7 shows.
• Be present at all technical rehearsals and
technical rehearsal production meetings.
• Help keep in working order MRT’s hearing
impaired assisted listening system and Clear-com communication system.
Secondary duties include but are not limited to:
• As a Merrimack Repertory Theatre company
member, help maintain facilities and general professional appearance.
• And all other duties as assigned by the
Production Manager or L&SS.
Above all else, MRT is seeking individuals who are willing
to embrace the Merrimack Repertory Theatre’s expectation of being a valuable
team player, as well as those who are willing to go above and beyond to help
achieve and maintain artistic expectations. Assistants may be asked to assist
other departments or perform other duties as assigned.