Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras (BYSO) firmly believes in the power of high-quality classical music experiences to change lives. At BYSO, students receive a transformative music education through our renowned orchestras and outreach programs- an education that is rooted in excellence develops life-long skills such as self-confidence, team-work and leadership. To support these efforts, BYSO is seeking a motivated and experienced administrator to manage our Institutional Giving program on a temporary basis from November 2019 through March 2020.
A successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, attention to detail and previous experience in a fundraising office. Specifically, the Development Associate will:
· Manage BYSO’s grants calendar, including deadlines for proposals, reports, and other key deadlines
· Support BYSO's Annual Gala by soliciting, tracking and managing corporate sponsorships
· Produce written proposals, reports, acknowledgement letters and other updates for institutional donors
· Communicate with Foundation and Corporate contacts regarding grants and sponsorships
· Process grant awards and sponsorships through BYSO’s record keeping and financial system
· Research new foundation and corporate prospects
This part-time, temporary position will report to the Director of Development but will work very closely with all members of the Development and larger BYSO teams.
Approximately 20-30 hours/week, during business hours—some flexibility possible. from Position covers November 2019 through the end of March 2020. Pay rate is commensurate with experience ($18-$25/hour). Paid Internship hours also available for highly qualified candidates.
The BYSO is a positive, dynamic, inclusive and nurturing environment for both our student population and our staff. With very rigorous fundraising goals, and an open mind about how to reach them, the BYSO offers a tremendous opportunity for a growing fundraiser.