Silkroad is seeking a motivated and experienced Boston-based fundraiser from August-November, 2019 (17 weeks), with the option to extend, to support Silkroad during a time of transition in its Development department. This is a 20 hour/week (or equivalent) commitment, paid weekly as a freelance position. The consultant can work from home and/or in the Silkroad office and must have the availability to have regular meetings in person. The Fundraising Consultant will work under the guidance of the Executive Director to maintain, implement and drive the following key development functions with the following deliverables:
· Work to meet Silkroad's donated income targets from August-November 2019.
· Maintain grant calendar, work closely with Silkroad staff and grant writer to prospect for and strategize around grant opportunities and identify proposal and report priorities.
· As needed, attend key foundation or donor meetings with Executive or Artistic and Learning leadership.
· Coordinate delivery and submission of proposals and reports, developing key messaging, data, financials, and storytelling with a grant writer, executive director, finance director, and program staff.
· With program staff, executive director, and key board members, design, plan, and implement fall fundraising and cultivation events including event around Falling Out of Time premiere in Worcester in October 2019, and the planning of a December Open House.
· Hold monthly conference calls/planning meetings with staff and board members to identify budgets, dates, location, and key content for Silkroad Spring fundraising events. Prepare to hand off these events to new full-time Development Director in November 2019.
· With Acting Director of Marketing and Executive Director, design holiday campaign and secure match donation.
· Participate in key staff meetings, prepare fall development report for the board meeting, and maintain Development Drive files.
years of demonstrated success in foundation, corporate foundation, and
Self-starter, able to independently drive projects, timelines and budgets.
with funding community in Greater Boston and beyond.
with the arts, performing arts, music, and education fields.
written and verbal communication skills.
literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and gift
processing (Salesforce, Google Drive, Excel).
level of personal organization and attention to detail, with strong project and
process planning skills.
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume, list of 3
references "Fundraising Consultant” to email@example.com. No calls, please.
July 15, 2019
This is a freelance position, working 20 hours/week at a rate of $1750/week. Total contract $29,750.
About this Organization:
Yo-Yo Ma conceived Silkroad in 1998 as a reminder that even as rapid globalization resulted in division, it brought extraordinary possibilities for working together. Seeking to understand this dynamic, he began to learn about the historical Silk Road, recognizing in it a model for productive cultural collaboration, for the exchange of ideas and tradition alongside commerce and innovation. And in a radical experiment, he brought together musicians from the lands of the Silk Road to co-create a new artistic idiom, a musical language founded in difference, a metaphor for the benefits of a more connected world.
Today, these Grammy Award-winning artists seek and practice radical cultural collaboration in many forms, creating and presenting new music, teacher and musician training workshops, and residency programs in schools, museums, and communities.
Silkroad has recorded seven albums. Sing Me Home, which won the 2016 Grammy for Best World Music Album was developed and recorded alongside the documentary feature The Music of Strangers, from Oscar-winning director Morgan Neville.