Advancement Operations Manager
The Office of College Relations is pleased to announce the opening of an Operations Manager in Advancement Operations. This is a full-time (40 hrs./wk.), year-round, regular appointment reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement Operations (AVPAO). The Advancement Operations Manager directly supports the AVPAO, providing budget support and office management while also serving as a project manager to ensure the department's high level of customer service to other Office of College Relations and College-wide departments.
The Office of College Relations works to create lifelong, mutually supportive relationships that enrich the College. The work of this group includes the areas of development, alumni relations, donor relations, and career services. Advancement Operations provides and manages information technology strategic direction and computer support services for the Office of College Relations in support of this mission.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse employee community.
• Serve as office manager for AO, coordinating departmental information, maintaining office supply inventory, and overseeing department logistics.
• Work closely with the AVPAO to monitor current monthly budget reports, ensure the department stays within budget, and estimate future expenses.
• Maintain requests for Mears West building improvements and capital needs
• Perform various project, building, and division tasks requested and needed by this team and by the Special Advisor.
• Create project plans for small to medium-scale projects and assume responsibility for the completion of these projects from start to finish.
• Hire and supervise student and temporary workers for AO with assistance from the AO records team. Ensure the staff are trained, producing quality work, and adhering to AO policies.
• Coordinate onboarding and exiting procedures with new and departing employees including but not limited to permissions, listservs, account access, ownership of Google Apps/Docs/calendars, training on Advance and other platforms along with the necessary permissions and access.
• Serve as liaison with the Office of Information Technology (OIT), assist with oversight of software acquisition process including verifying all steps are taken for approval
• Develop and coordinate content for monthly Advancement Operations newsletter. Maintain archives of past issues.
• Maintain a robust Google site with documentation, training videos, and other documents to support end users.
• Develop training materials and perform training as requested.
• Assist end users with software questions and participate in software testing of new enhancements.
• Bachelors' degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in office management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Monitor budgets across multiple departments/projects, process financials
• Adaptability, flexibility, and an engaging interpersonal style;
• Ability to manage multiple calendars;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must along with strong organizational skills;
• Experience with software support and project management a plus
• Should possess excellent Microsoft application skills, Google suite functions, and the ability to learn new databases and programs;
• Must perform with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism and ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times due to the sensitive nature of materials.
Review of applications will begin August 5, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.Apply Here