Broadway In Boston, Boston’s leading theatrical presenter and producer of Broadway since 1984, is seeking a highly motivated, customer service oriented House Manager for the Charles Playhouse. The House Manager will work directly with the Theater Manager to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for patrons. The Charles Playhouse consists of two theatres; the downstairs 200-seat theatre, home to the comedy whodunit Shear Madness and the 500-seat Main Stage Theatre, home to the long-running smash hit Blue Man Group.
Candidates for this position will have at least 1 year experience in a professional office or theatre environment and must be extremely customer service oriented. A 4-year degree in Arts Administration or Management is preferred, but not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be present for the majority of Blue Man Group and Shear Madness performances.
- Oversee all public areas and operations of the Charles Playhouse in Boston
- Assist in hiring and training of new Front-of-House staff members as needed
- Provide leadership and support to the Front-of-House team during performances.
- Scheduling a Front-of-House staff of 50 part-time employees, including assistant house managers, ambassadors, security, guest services, and cleaning staff.
- Understand BFD Fire Safety regulations and maintain the Evacuation Plan and run at least two building-wide evacuation drills per year.
- Ensure that the Front-of-House team has all necessary supplies to perform their tasks. Order supplies as needed.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Theatre Manager of the Charles Playhouse
- Maintain a high standard of customer service by addressing and resolving all customer concerns, questions, and complaints.
- Answer all incoming disability/accessibility inquiries.
- Complete and distribute the weekly operating calendar.
- Complete daily walk-through’s of the premises and report any safety and maintenance concerns to the Facility Technician and the Theatre Manager
- Create strong working relationships with all companies within the Charles Playhouse.
- Liaise with production stage management and Theatre Manager to coordinate Front of House operations and show policies.
- Create and submit detailed performances reports
- Maintain records of staff performance, time and attendance, and payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Theatre Manager.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Broadway Across America is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.