Art Transportation Specialists are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This position will also provide leadership and guidance during projects while acting as liaison between clients and company managers.
- Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
- Install/de-install artworks during onsite projects using proper techniques and tools
- Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
- Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure utmost safety of objects during transit
- Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
- Lead a team; provide guidance and coaching during projects
- Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
- Determine strategy for projects, particularly when senior staff are not onsite
- Safely operate company vehicle and transport artwork to locations in and around tristate area
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, DOT regulations
- Perform all required truck inspections
Must possess 1-3 years of art handling and commercial truck driving experience.
• Must be 21 years of age, as outlined by the Federal Department of Transportation.
• Must be willing and capable to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be available to travel overnight and long distance.
• Ability to resolve routine questions/problems.
• Ability to identify root cause(s) for some problems.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred.
Excellent skills in communicating effectively in oral and written form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
License must be in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s designation of classes:
Valid Driver’s License, Class C
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, lift, and use hands. Movement may occur in warehouses and offices. Employee will be in truck cab for extended periods and must exhibit physical agility to enter and exit trucks and/or trailers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions on a frequent basis.
Employee must be able to lift 75lbs unassisted and must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 300lbs with assistance of mechanical equipment. Noise level is usually moderate.