The Theater Offensive’s mission is to present liberating art by, for, and about queer and trans people of color that transcends artistic boundaries, celebrates cultural abundance, and dismantles oppression.
The Theater Offensive seeks a dedicated, creative, detail-oriented individual to provide administrative support as the Executive Assistant to Co-Producing Executive Director, Harold Steward. Members of the LGBTQ community and People of Color are highly encouraged to apply.
Executive Assistant Position Description
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Co-Producing Executive Director, Harold Steward, (EDHS). The Executive Assistant is also responsible for making sure the office runs smoothly. This includes taking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed, ensuring tidiness of the office, ensuring that all technology is working and troubleshooting technology issues that may arise. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with general administrative duties including answering phones, processing mail, meeting logistics, routing information, managing calendars, filing and other day-to-day tasks
- Maintain records, files, databases, contracts, payments, reports and evaluations
- Create and maintain systems and procedures that increase effectiveness of EDHS
- Manage EDHS schedule, calendar and “to do” list, in order to help prioritize short-term and long-term projects
- Maintain EDHS office space, supplies and equipment to increase efficiency
- Arrange travel plans for EDHS
- Act as contact between EDHS and others including Staff, Board and Artists, when needed and appropriate
- Process EDHS paperwork such as reimbursement requests, receipts and business cards from EAD activities
- Draft, edit, and/or proof EDHS correspondence
- Draft agendas for weekly supervision with EDHS
- Assemble materials for EDHS in order to be prepared for internal and external meetings
- Assist logistics for staff gatherings, including staff meetings, staff retreats, holiday party, birthday celebrations and other staff events.
- Reception Desk duties (answering phones, taking messages, and receiving guests)
- Collaborate with other assistants and department interns
- Assist with artist research
- Collect and assemble materials relevant to grant proposals
- Maintain relationships with local and national artists, community organizations, collaborators, partners, teachers and school leadership
- Assist Development Team with putting together support materials, sending out mail applications, processing income/letters, sending thank you notes and other mass mailings
- Support staff with fundraising and marketing campaigns, including the preparation of aspects of direct mailings, print materials, and electronic communication, as needed.
- Other general administration duties as assigned
- General appearance, functionality & overall cleanliness of the office
- Maintain & order office supplies, equipment and all supply storage areas
- Assist staff with computer and software concerns
- Report tech problems and contact IT consultant
- Solve alarm/phone/fax problems
- Communicate with landlord, repair workers, etc.
- Input data & updates
- Issue reminders of deadlines
- Update contact lists as necessary
- Collect/sort mails
- Schedule and take notes at staff meetings
- Facilitate bi-annual collection of materials from staff to submit to Archives at Northeastern University
Application Deadline: August 15, 2019
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Position Type: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: $35,00 - $40,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, plus paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time