Marketing Support Assistant
WGBH is a public media powerhouse, serving New England, the nation, and the world with productions that educate, inspire, and entertain—on television, or radio, on the Web, and on an expanding array of mobile devices. WGBH is PBS’s leading producer for TV and the Web, a major supplier of programs heard nationally on public radio, a pioneer in educational multimedia and media access services for people with vision or hearing loss, and the leader in public media for greater Boston and New England.
The Marketing Support Assistant will provide administrative and marketing support to the Chief Marketing Officer. The Marketing Support Assistant performs diverse administrative functions requiring initiative and sound decision-making with the goal of achieving clear communication, efficient office operations and procedures, and effective support for multiple projects. This exciting position will require regular contact with a variety of staff, external and internal constituencies. Flexibility, discretion and confidentiality, and a solutions-based approach to addressing problems are required. WGBH is seeking a highly detailed and talented administrative and marketing professional who thrives as a self-starter, problem solver with a proven track record for creating efficient systems.
The Marketing Support Assistant will also be responsible for a wide range of marketing duties including, but not limited to coordinating events, project management related activities, social media campaign coordination, creative asset planning, conducting research on various topics, providing support in areas such as brand portal, employee communications, media, community and government relations.RESPONSIBILITIES
- -Proactively manage the CMO’s calendar. Maintain and update the CMO’s contacts via database(s), email management, etc. Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments, arrange for use of facilities, equipment and catering. Coordinate travel arrangements.
- -Compose, type and distribute correspondence, reports, etc. Provide telephone coverage; and the sorting, distributing and filing of mail. Maintain the confidentiality and discretion of all work-related information received, observed or distributed.
- -Act as liaison with staff, vice presidents, department heads, other broadcast stations, heads of other organizations, other boards on which the CMO serves, and the public.
- -Ensure the orderly and timely processing of documents, correspondence, internal reports and other transactions of the CMO according to standard and approved procedures.
- -Assist with administrative projects; gather, compile, proofread, when appropriate draft required information and present to the CMO for review.
- Provide support for a wide range of marketing duties including, but not limited to coordinating events, project management related activities, social media campaign coordination, creative asset planning, conducting research on various topics, and providing support in areas such as brand portal, employee communications, media, community and government relations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative Skills Required:
- - 1+ years’ experience providing administrative to executive management.
- - Self-starter with strong attention to detail and experience identifying opportunities to streamline workflow and offer solutions for improvement.
- -High proficiency in scheduling meetings and maintaining supported CMO’s schedule.
- -Superior planning and organizational skills, ability to handle logistics for travel and events, as required.
- -Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- -Able to work on multiple, concurrent deadlines independently and proactively with limited direction.
- -Ability to interact diplomatically and professionally with a wide-range of people in a collaborative fashion, professionally representing the CMO and organization.
- -High professional standards, exemplary work ethic and openness to learning new skills required.
- -Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Marketing Skills Required:
- -Passionate about marketing, branding and communications.
- - 1+ years of marketing, marketing communications, advertising or content marketing experience.
- -Strong communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- -Creative, innovative and results oriented.
- -Strong project management skills preferred.
- -Strong knowledge of social media channels and how to communicate via social media on behalf of the organization or brand (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram).
Bachelor's degree required.
September 23, 2019
About this Organization:
WGBH Boston is one of the nation's top public television and radio broadcasters. We are PBS's single largest producer for television and Web, creating one-third of the national prime-time lineup—from Frontline to Masterpiece Theatre, from Nova to American Experience, Antiques Roadshow, and more—plus a slate of award-winning children's series (including Arthur, Between the Lions. Curious George, Design Squad, Fetch! and Postcards from Buster).
WGBH also is a major supplier of public radio programs enjoyed by listeners in New England, across the nation, and around the world, including The World, A Celtic Sojourn, and The Emily Rooney Show.
Visit us on the Web at www.wgbh.org.