Account Executive, WCAI
The Local Corporate Sponsorship department is charged with securing corporate funding for WCAI's local media operations by raising awareness in the marketplace of the public radio station and other assets as a marketing solution.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing new securing revenue from local businesses and advertising agencies through sponsorship of WCAI Radio, digital and events platforms an emphasis on creating and securing sponsorship for multimedia packages. New business development is the sole focus in this role and a key requirement. The position will report to the General Sales Manager, WGBH Boston.
- Secure new business: Research, identify and cultivate new sponsors Prepare action plans to project the number of contacts to be made. Cold calling on the phone setting up face to face meetings. Follow up on new leads and referrals. Cultivate clients and prospects through participation in pledge nights, special events, and other activities that involve prospects or current clients.
- Maintain existing business: Present sponsorship opportunities to current sponsors to increase yearly spend. Provide programming that meets the clients’ marketing goals and add additional opportunities as needed.
- Prepare sponsor contracts by providing all details to Project Sales & Marketing Coordinator to execute contracts. Manage account services through quality checks and other follow up. Identify and resolve client concerns. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, revenue projections and closings, projections, follow-up, and adherence to goals.Track all sales activity in a database. Work with traffic to ensure spots air correctly. Work with accounting to ensure invoicing and collections are timely and correct.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years media sales experience and the ability to initiate and grow business.
- Radio sales experience is a plus.
- Candidates must be familiar with conceptual selling, able to work with sales reporting and research tools, and understand quantitative and qualitative data.
- Must be organized, able to execute sales strategies, and able to create and deliver sales presentations.
- Candidate must be articulate, energetic, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment and across department lines.
- Must be comfortable with cold calling to develop prospect lists.
- Travel in the region required; occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Customer Management database, Scarborough, Media Audit, TapScan, Market Advisor, Media Monitor, and other media-related programs.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
September 23, 2019
About this Organization:
WGBH Boston is one of the nation's top public television and radio broadcasters. We are PBS's single largest producer for television and Web, creating one-third of the national prime-time lineup—from Frontline to Masterpiece Theatre, from Nova to American Experience, Antiques Roadshow, and more—plus a slate of award-winning children's series (including Arthur, Between the Lions. Curious George, Design Squad, Fetch! and Postcards from Buster).
WGBH also is a major supplier of public radio programs enjoyed by listeners in New England, across the nation, and around the world, including The World, A Celtic Sojourn, and The Emily Rooney Show.
Visit us on the Web at www.wgbh.org.