Budget Coordinator Job Code 199452
Clark University’s Visual
and Performing Arts departmentseeks to fill the position of Budget
Coordinator. Reporting to the Department Administrator, the successful
candidate will be managing, monthly/yearly balancing, and processing of all
payments for the V&PA department’s multiple and separate expense/income;
Additional duties include managing student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee all expense/income budget and
accounting duties; in consultation with faculty program directors to
ensure that appropriate budget lines and funds are designated for various
- Oversee and manage multiple programexpense budgets/funds (Art History; MCA; Music; Screen Studies; Studio Art;
Theatre Arts, Schiltkamp Gallery) operating
budget and create monthly reports using both CUWeb and Banner in a timely mannerfor program
and manage the departmental operating budget, in conjunction with the Chair and
Department administrator, which includes designated lines for large equipment
purchases, and create monthly reports using both CUWeb and Banner in a timely manner.
- Process and handle all inquiries from Financial
services for all business and accounting forms, including but not limited
to performer/guest lecturers contracts payment to studio art class models,
purchase orders requisitions, printing orders, and check requests
- Primary point of contact for SmartBuy Plus
training and questions
- Primary point of contact for W9 and necessary
paper work training and questions
- Manage all interactions with programs/academic
departments around campus to
facilitate journal transfers/purchases
§ Process all paperwork for all expenses in department,
from multiple endowed funds attached to multiple different programs;
§ Manage accounting for 8 separate operating budgets and
prepare monthly summaries for Ft faculty
§ Responsible for ordering program equipment and
§ Responsible for booking transportation for all filed
§ Responsible for setting up all contractors as payable
within Clark’s system
- Ordering and payment program
equipment and classroom materials
- Coordinating, ordering,
processing payments food for various program events
- Coordinating and processing
payments for all buses for program field trips
- Hire, train, and supervise
student model coordinator
- Secondary supervision for
student workers at front desk
- Back up supervision to student workers in front
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree desired, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 2-4 years relevant experience, preferably in higher education or
- Basic knowledge/understanding of general accounting principles and
functions including: budgeting, purchasing, reconciling accounts, and
financial report preparation.
- Experience with various technical databases related to purchasing:
-e-procurement systems (ex. Smart Buy Plus).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suit products: Word,
Access, Excel, and Outlook, required..
- Prior experience using Ellucian’s Banner, preferred.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and
across teams with a focus on service; ability to multi task with
- Exhibits sound judgement, ability to handle large volume of work,
and maintains discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive
information and issues.
- Ability to communicate complex information, including analysis of
financial data, in an understandable fashion to a variety of audiences.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace
with the ability to interact with a broad range of constituents on campus
This is a full-time, 35hours
per week, 11month position with excellent benefits, which include
employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement
plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
How To Apply:
Review of applications will
begin August 2, 2019.Salary will be commensurate with skills and
experience. Please email résumé and
cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants must reference Job code 199452 in the subject line to be considered
for this position.
Clark University embraces
equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that
cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental
to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This
commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment
policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our
efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in
the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the
uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with
all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and
belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented
communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
August 16, 2019
About this Organization:
Clark University is a liberal arts teaching and research institution founded in 1887. Clark is the oldest graduate institution in the United State, and one of only three New England universities, with Harvard and Yale, to be a founding member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. A Clark education is unique in that it provides a high quality liberal arts education with personal attention and advanced study opportunities, as captured by the three Clark signatures: Make a Difference, Learn through Inquiry, and Experience Diverse Cultures.