Administrative Assistant I - Design Departments
Under the direction of the Administrative Assistant II this administrative assistant supports the Animation, Architecture, Communication Design, Fashion, Illustration, and Industrial Design programs. Working in tandem with the studio managers, area coordinators, and department chairs the Administrative Assistant helps the departments run smoothly and effectively by:
• Organizing and maintaining office functions for the Design Departments such as incoming and outgoing correspondence, customer service, and answering phones.
• Assisting with the coordination, entering, and proofing of the departments’ course schedules.
• Entering and maintaining faculty personnel data and office hours.
• Assisting with the creation and administration of review board schedules.
• Assisting with entering the spring award information for the departments into the Access database.
• Ordering food, scheduling rooms, and publicizing all departmental events (i.e. visiting artists, forums, award ceremonies, etc.).
• Administering student evaluations.
• Performing general maintenance of various office equipment and supplies.
• Acting as department liaison with students, alumni, other college offices and external agencies.
• Disseminating college policies and departmental information via bulletin boards, email, website, social media and posters.
• Assisting department faculty as necessary.
• Maintaining well organized department files.
Promote the University’s commitment to diversity, collegiality, and service excellence by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Application Review will begin 08/19 and will continue until position is filled.
Applicants must have at least:
(A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management,
(B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.
II. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Other Considerations include:
• Good customer service and communication skills including oral, written and electronic.
• Demonstrated time management, organizational, and planning skills with an ability to multitask in a busy work environment.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office software and Google Suite.
• Experience in higher education including student employment.
How To Apply:
Please apply on our website, careers.massart.edu.
August 19, 2019
1707.31 - Bi-Weekly
About this Organization:
Founded in Boston in 1873, Massachusetts College of Art and Design (MassArt)is the only independent public university of art and design in the US. The university enrolls approximately 1800 undergraduate students in 22 disciplines and 195 graduate students in top-ranked MFA programs, M.Arch, and Art Education program.