NEMPAC seeks an energetic, self-motivated music theatre instructor and production manager to teach during the year, production manage our youth musical and help grow the music theatre program. The instructor should have experience teaching and/or directing children, a knowledge of stage or production management and have the ability to communicate effectively with other staff and directors. Candidate should be committed to the mission of NEMPAC and the Music Theatre Program. Duties:
- Teach “Music Theatre - Intermediate” on Mondays from 3:20-4:10 including early pickup from 3:05-3:20 during the Fall, Winter and Spring sessions.
- Assist Educational Programs Director with administrative side of the Fall Holiday Musical for a small additional stipend.
- Opportunity for Summer work and growth with the Music Theatre Program available.
- Production Manage the Spring musical, which includes:
1. Scheduling production meetings
2. Creating rehearsal schedules
3. Communicating with parents regarding schedules, costume and prop needs and volunteering for box office and concessions.
4. Coordinate concession donations and help to run the box office and concessions, making sure it is run smoothly and efficiently.
5. Overseeing ticket sales, creating the ticket event on eventbrite, printing out reservations and reservation signs, while following NEMPAC’s organizational branding and event guidelines
6. Ensuring that props are made (obtaining an intern or coordinating with parent volunteers)
7. Ensuring that costumes are made, fitted and run smoothly during production (obtaining an intern, parent volunteer or hiring one of our former professionals for a small stipend)
8. Handling proper storage and organization of production materials following each program/performance/production
9. Communicating with the performance space about technical needs and general space reservations, needs and issues that arise.