England Conservatory's Department of Marketing and Communications is a central
resource for the NEC community, fostering lasting, impactful relationships
among a diversity of constituents spanning professions, talents, and
Marketing and Communications unit is comprised of an exceptionally talented
team of professionals spanning all aspects of the marketing and communications
arena, including design, content, digital, and strategy.
Office is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy, a
crucial position that provides strategic oversight of the institution's
marketing and communications strategy, oversight of the Office's project
management and operations, and manages relationships with partner offices and
departments spanning the institution. The Director assesses business needs and
develops strategies for meeting those needs, including the marshaling of
personnel and financial resources, intake activity, and the identification and
assessment of outcomes.
Director of Brand Strategy leads the Strategy team.
Director reports to the Vice President for Communications and serves in a
crucial senior leadership position in the Office.
Develop and lead a comprehensive account
management model to serve partners across the organization.
Develop and lead a holistic project
management paradigm that incorporates business process redesign principles to
streamline strategic and tactical aspects of the operation.
Manage the department operating budget,
including oversight of vendors and contractors.
Develop and maintain strong, productive
relationships with colleagues and partners across the institution, and serve as
the chief client officer of the department.
Oversee marketing operations, including
planning, assessment, and analysis of all aspects of the department's work.
Manage the Strategy team and provide
professional development coaching and learning opportunities to staff.
Serve in a key management capacity for
emergency and crisis communications, including evening and weekend
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior marketing strategist position in corporate, agency, education, or non-profit contexts.
· Substantial project management experience, with demonstrable successes in a complex organization.
· Substantial experience with project management software (e.g. Asana, Wrike).
· Exceptional diplomatic skill, with demonstrable successes building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and partners in a complex organization.
· Experience collaborating with a diverse team of professionals in an environment of partnership.
· Successful track-record of continual assessment, analysis, and repositioning of work to meet evolving organizational needs.
· Desire to mentor, cultivate, and manage a team of professionals of varying experience and expertise.
· Ready understanding of client needs, including the ability to translate occasionally unspecific feedback into concrete objectives, improvements, or modifications.
· PMI certification a plus.