New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is in one of the most exciting and transformational times in the organization’s history. NBAM/ArtWorks! seeks an experienced Development Associate to lead foundation, government, and corporate giving efforts for museum operations and special programs. The Development Associate is responsible for building upon an existing grants portfolio and deepen relationships with foundation, government, and corporate principally to support annual growth. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and in collaboration with other departments as well as with members of the board and senior management team. The Development Associate reports to the Executive Director. They will also work with the Museum’s Development Committee to create an overall institutional giving strategy and to develop sustained relationships with funders.Overview:
The primary role of the Development Associate is to research, develop, write, and submit proposals, letters, reports, and other materials as necessary to secure grant support from foundation and government funding sources. Responsibilities include prospect research, preparation of original proposals and reports. The Development Associate must work cross-departmentally to increase contributed support and advance institutional priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the expertise to research and identify sources of support, proactively seek opportunities to generate new proposals based on foundation, government, and corporate guidelines, prepare grants and maintain strong ties with foundation, government, and corporate donors and prospects. We are looking for someone who is energetic, ambitious, goal-oriented and creative, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships.Responsibilities:
· Maintain a portfolio of assigned corporate and foundation prospects, developing relationships with key administrators and executives through personal visits, correspondence, and communications
· Research, develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for foundation support, including but not limited to preparing grant proposals, reporting, stewarding and renewing grants
· Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of written funding inquiries, proposals, and reports including budgets to foundations, government, and corporate sources.
· Ensure proper stewardship of gifts including the timely completion and submission of interim and final reports (both narrative and financial) that meet donor needs and/or grant requirements.
· Meet assigned goals for prospect visits and dollars to be raised as determined annually
· Managing the Museum’s comprehensive grants calendar of deadlines and submissions
· Document all relevant activities in Altru database
. Perform other related duties as requested