One Westwood Road
Somerville, MA 02143
Date Posted: October 09, 2019
Region: Eastern Massachusetts
The Somerville Museum is looking for a dynamic, passionate community member to help support the programming and mission of the Museum as we continue to inspire the local community with exhibits and events that promote the history, art and culture of the City of Somerville. The Art + Culture Assistant’s responsibilities would include front desk coverage during Museum hours, promotion of events and exhibits, and support with fundraising and grant writing. This position will work under the Asst. Director and report directly to the Asst. Director as well as the President and Executive Director, as necessary. Hours would be approximately 5-10 hours a week, with 5 hours on Thursday afternoons to cover the Museum’s open hours. Other hours would take place at the Museum or elsewhere. Art + Culture Asst. would also be expected to attend occasional meetings.
Weekly hours not to exceed 15 hours/week.
· Website updates and maintenance (updating posts, calendar, pages, etc.)
· Social media presence to engage the community with local history and cultural events
· Work with graphic designer to ensure continuity and consistency with logos and design materials
· Promote Museum at various marketing events and local community fairs
· Support Asst. Director with mailings both via Mailchimp and snail mail
· Support Asst. Director with newsletter edits and general promotion
· CPA grant applications and materials
· Support fundraising and grant research
· Help treasurer track donations and send out acknowledgement letters
Background in art, art history, history, liberal arts, arts administration or related field. Passion for community and event; familiarity with social media platforms, marketing, photoshop, Microsoft office. Background with previous museums a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subjet line: Art + Culture Assistant
A free service of Mass Cultural Council.
Homepage banner image: Detail of glassworks by Carrie Gustafson (Mass Cultural Council Crafts Fellow ’11).