SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
: The Development Communications and Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the Membership and Tier 3 Annual Fund (donors < $1,000) programs. Through annual planning, organization, and follow up, this position helps to cultivate, maintain, and grow support from current and prospective members and donors, contributing to meeting the department’s annual fundraising goals. The Development Communications and Operations Manager will be responsible for the design of all marketing materials for the Development Department.
1. Provides strategy for maximizing the Membership and Tier 3 Annual Fund giving program (donors < $1,000), meets or exceeds yearly financial goals, creates a compelling communications plan, implements member/donor events, conducts member/donor research, acquires new members/donors, ensures timely solicitations and oversees accurate data entry.
2. Create all design work for Development Department marketing materials in collaboration with the Associate Director of Development including online, print, and signage.
3. Work closely with the Associate Director of Development in executing Heritage’s opening event, Development fundraising events, and cultivation and stewardship events, including assisting with the management of the annual major fundraising gala, to reach fundraising goals.
4. Write clearly and concisely, using multiple platforms to reach diverse audiences regarding membership or annual fund giving.
5. In coordination with appropriate Development and Marketing staff, develop content for newsletters, social media, appeals, event-related material, and membership materials.
6. Maintain accurate records in Altru and achieve monthly targets on donor and member solicitation.
7. Serve as a powerful representative of Heritage at fundraising, cultivation, and membership events.
8. Manage and ensure quick turnaround of all gift acknowledgements and membership fulfillment.
9. Work directly with the Visitor Service staff on high volume visitation days. Assist Visitor Services staff with membership sales, proper selling techniques, and provide membership support.
10. Work with departmental volunteers to ensure timely processing of memberships, solicitation letters, fulfillment, thank you letters, membership cards, receipts, and gift acknowledgements.
11. Responds to donor and member inquires in a timely manner.
12. Other related duties as assigned.