NEMPAC Opera Project seeking Opera Marketing and Media Coordinator
NEMPAC Opera Project is seeking an Opera Project Marketing and Media Coordinator with a creative background who can provide support in video editing, website editing and updating, social media, graphic design (as needed), with knowledge of Word Press, and general administrative support. This role will report directly to the Artistic Director of the Opera Project and work in collaboration with the NEMPAC Marketing & Communications Manager. The Opera Project Marketing and Media Coordinator will play an integral part in creating and posting bi-weekly content in the months leading up to May, and then an increase in duties for May and June to support mid-June MainStage performance dates, with an emphasis on communicating with returning audiences, and building an additional new audience.
This is a position with remote flexibility, and some evening and weekend hours required in June.
Monday, January 14th, 2020
Commensurate with experience within the range of $500-$1500 (February - April: 5 hours per month, May & June 20 hours per month)
The primary responsibilities will include:
· Write and design a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy,
-creation and execution of all NEMPAC Opera Project social media posts
· Monitor analytics and create monthly reports on engagement and social ad results· Update already existing NEMPAC Opera Project webpage off NEMPAC website and keep fresh with content.
-Sending weekly Opera Project content to Marketing Manager for inclusion in weekly newsletter
-Executive social media and marketing tactics to help further goal of selling more tickets
· Ensure NEMPAC brand consistency in marketing and social media efforts
· Other responsibilities deemed necessary by Artistic Director and Executive Director
· Experience with Word Press, website development/design, social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram), and e-mail marketing software (Constant Contact)
· Willingness to learn
· Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
· An analytical mind and ability to think critically
· Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
· Capable of creating visually compelling presentations
· Ability to take and give direction and work in tandem with NEMPAC Marketing Manager and NEMPAC Opera Project Artistic Director
· Organized, self-motivated, able to work independently and with a team
· Superb written and verbal communications skills, including strong interpersonal skills and superior editing skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and take initiative in managing several projects with attention to detail
· Understanding & familiarity of Best Practices for Social Media platforms
· Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
·Applicants with opera knowledge will be given extra consideration.