Math Teacher (Full-Time)
Walnut Hill School for the Arts seeks a full-time faculty member to teach 5 sections of math in the 2020-2021 academic year. Walnut Hill is committed to welcoming and celebrating a wide range of cultural, artistic, and educational backgrounds that compliments and supports our diverse student community.
The Academic Program at Walnut Hill teaches the student-artist to observe closely, engage, persist, solve, create, and find their voice in the world. The academic curriculum encourages students to recognize and value multiple perspectives and embrace complex challenges while gaining valuable context for their art-making and their growing understanding of the world around them.
• Innovative teaching practices and a focus on skills-centered learning;
• Interest and practice of using technology for mathematics instruction;
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department to enhance our curriculum;
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus;
• 3+ years teaching in a high-school setting or equivalent experience recommended;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues;
• Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong collaboration and team-oriented working and leadership skills;
• Ability to balance a pursuit of academic, artistic, and institutional excellence with compassion and nurture for each individual; and
• Positive attitude, passion for teaching and learning, and a sense of humor!
How To Apply:
March 10, 2020
About this Organization:
The mission of Walnut Hill is to educate talented, accomplished and intellectually engaged young artists from all over the world. The School does so in a diverse, humane and ethical community. Founded in 1893, Walnut Hill offers intensive training in five arts disciplines: dance; music; theater; visual art; and writing, film & media arts, in the context of rigorous academic preparation for college.