Armenian Museum of America
65 Main Street
Watertown, MA 02472
February 19, 2020
Programming and Communications Coordinator
The Programming and Communications Coordinator reports to and will
work closely with the Executive Director to successfully implement programming,
marketing, and communication strategies and plans. This is a full-time
position, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Coordinate with Education Coordinator, Artist-in-Residence, and outside
scholars, vendors, and performers to plan events and classes; logistics,
budget, publicity (see below), supplies, and attendance.
- Draft and distribute press releases and calendar listings
- Organize, maintain and update media lists
- Respond to inquiries from media for institutional program and event
information, drafting copy and supplying images
- Coordinate social media postings and events with relevant staff
- Monitor and report social media analytics
- Coordinate and process updates to web site
- Review and report website statistics
- Draft E-news and E-blasts, editing and/or drafting copy and designing in Mail
- Organize and manage digital image files for marketing and program use
- Design, produce and distribute printed promotional materials
- Work with outside graphic designers as needed; supplying copy drafts and
image choices; negotiating placements with vendors; researching opportunities)
- Manage seasonal direct mailings; coordinating with designers and printers,
arranging fulfillment, overseeing mailing lists
- Serve on the Marketing sub-committee
- Minimum 3-5 years of communications experience required.
- B.A. or equivalent required
- Excellent writing and verbal skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter, enthusiastic to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive in planning and organizing projects
- Experience with gathering and interpreting social media analytics
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office and Mac; familiarity with graphic design and image software (largely Adobe)
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a variety of audiences, including the media, colleagues, trustees and members of the public
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks from multiple staff
- High standards of credibility, integrity, reliability and confidentiality.
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 29, 2020
Commensurate with experience
About this Organization:
Founded in 1971, the Armenian Museum has grown into a major repository for all forms of Armenian material culture that illustrate the creative endeavors of the Armenian people over the centuries. Today, the Museum’s collections hold over 20,000 artifacts, including: 5,000 ancient and medieval Armenian coins, over 3,000 textiles and 180 Armenian inscribed rugs, and an extensive collection of Urartian and religious artifacts, ceramics, medieval illuminations and various other objects. The Library houses over 27,000 titles, an oral history collection, archival materials and various other publications.
But the Armenian Museum is more than just a storehouse of artifacts. It’s a living museum and library which offers exhibits and diverse cultural and literary programs to its members and the community at large. It is where Armenian-Americans can visit to discover their roots and where people of all ethnic backgrounds can see how the story of the Armenian people plays a vital part within the rich cultural symphony that is America.