Walnut Hill School for the Arts seeks an experienced Director of Technology to join the IT team. The Director of Technology oversees all aspects of the School’s technology infrastructure, program, and services. They must have a hands-on approach to working with a variety of constituents to develop and implement technology solutions for managing and securing data, innovative learning, and communications. This is a 12-month position that supervises two individuals and reports to the CFO. Responsibilities include:
Long-Range Planning/New Initiatives
• Collaborate with administrators and arts and academic heads to develop long-range technology plans and find innovative ways to use technology to enhance arts education;
• Explore ways to integrate technology across the arts and academic curricula;
• Develop and implement technology solutions to ensure innovative, responsive, and cost-effective technology programs, professional development, and services to the School; and
• Research software options for managing School operations.
• Ensure integrity and security of all internal and external networks;
• Design and implement all infrastructure, architecture, and network upgrades;
• Ensure reliability and security of network components including servers, switches, Wi-Fi, and peripherals;
• Negotiate, implement, and maintain all internet, telephone, and cable contracts to insure reliable and secure communications;
• Assist in developing and implementing back-up and security plans and procedures to insure the safeguarding of data; and
• Manage non-content related aspects of School’s website and online presence.
Database & Software Management
• Negotiate and implement all software contracts and monitor said contracts and agreements;
• Insure the integrity, reliability, and security of school-wide database systems including but not limited to Financial/Raisers Edge, Proof student information system, Reach, Magnus, and AlertNow;
• Ensure security and quality control over all School databases and software systems;
• Manage the import/export of data from system to system;
• Ensure that school-wide databases are kept in sync automatically and facilitate communications between different databases;
• Create and maintain data standards for school wide databases; and
• Maintain all documentation and support for mission-critical administrative tools.
Supervision & Management
• Determine staffing needs and lead hiring and evaluation process;
• Oversee and supervise all members of the technology team;
• Foster a positive and collaborative team-oriented work environment and professionalize, manage, and provide mentoring and leadership support to department members;
• Oversee the support and training for users on all software applications and supervise help desk operations and ensure a strong customer service orientation;
• Document, update, and maintain written technology AUPs, technology statements, policies, and procedures;
• Create and implement training manuals and procedures on administrative tools and applications and ensure that all applications are fully utilized; and
• Serve as main point of contact on support issues pertaining to school-wide database issues.
Administrative and Additional Responsibilities
• Create and maintain budget, control and monitor department spending, and provide reporting to school leadership;
• Manage technology inventory and oversee, plan, and implement technology purchasing program;
• Negotiate and process all technology-related vendor agreements including software licensing, copier leasing, and internet, telephone, and cable services;
• Build and maintain vendor relationships and monitor all technology contracts and agreements;
• Complete required paperwork, forms, surveys, employment documents, background checks, fingerprinting, online training programs, request and report absences, accidents, and injuries, and follow other school policy and legal requirements by established deadlines;
• Manage all aspects of E-Rate program;
• Facilitate the School’s live streaming needs; and
• Perform other administrative or additional duties as assigned by the Head of School or their designee.