C1 EDUCATION ASSOCIATE
The Education Associate is responsible for managing specific
elements of the education programs (In-School, Professional Development for
Actors, Apprentice Program, Hype Man Tour); maintaining organization and
consistency throughout company educational/production materials, organizational
tools, inventory and physical spaces; assisting the Director of Education to
ensure deadlines are met; maintaining Company One Theatre’s high standards for
educational and artistic work; and fostering positive, respectful relationships
with staff members, teaching artists, partner schools, students, partner
organizations, and artists in accordance with Company One Theatre values and
Attend twice weekly Department (TBD) / Staff Meetings (Monday
nights), and participating as a full member in the staff collective that runs
With Education staff, help provide thought leadership on expansion
of C1 Education programming, and support the Education Director and Education
Program Manager in program operations
Represent the Education department at C1 Events
Maintain the Education portions of the Company One Theatre
Create material for the Company One Theatre website, social media
platforms, blog, brochures, newsletters, packets, and grants
Monitor education email accounts
Document performances and work in classrooms through pictures and
Disseminate, collect, and track In-School, Apprentice,
Professional Development for Actors and Hype Man tour evaluations
Generate reports for grant submissions/updates
Perform evaluations and assessments for the Apprentice,
Professional Development for Actors and Hype Man Tour programs; including data
collection, analysis, and reporting for grants, C1 Board, staff, partner
organizations, and stakeholders
Maintain databases as necessary
Participate in quarterly professional development sessions for
Space contracts for In-School performances
Serve as a substitute Teaching Artist, as available (additional
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ACTORS (PDA)
- Space contracts for auditions, classes, and showcase
- Run PDA auditions
- Collect tuition/track payments
- Serve as House Manager for PDA showcases
- Serve as substitute for Stage Manager, as available
Partnership applications/contracts for Apprentice Program
Candidates of color, LGBTQ+ candidates, female identifying, and non-binary candidates are encouraged to apply.
Passion for Company One Theatre’s mission, stakeholders and programmingPreferred Qualifications:
A high energy, creative, self-starter, who can work both independently and collaboratively with a team
Excellent verbal, writing and copy editing skills
Comfortable with and excited by new technology, software, and web-based platforms
Comfortable with non-traditional management and work structures
Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
Ability to work a flexible and variable schedule depending on organizational events and needs, possible weekend and evening hours
BA or BFA in Theatre, Education or Child Development preferred
Spanish fluency, experience in multiple performing arts disciplines, and K-12 teaching certification preferred, but not required
How To Apply:
If you are interested, please your cover letter and resume to the following:
Attention: Mark VanDerzee, Education Director
Subject line: EDUCATION ASSOCIATE POSITION
Email Address: email@example.com
September 11, 2020
Position is an average of 15 hours/week, fluctuating based on the time of year. Salary is $15,000/year.
About this Organization:
Company One Theatre builds community at the intersection of art and social change.
A Boston defined by justice, equity, and artistic innovation.
Welcome to our community, where every audience member, artist, student, and supporter has the opportunity to fight for social justice. At C1…
- We strive to create intentional, authentic theatrical experiences that uniquely integrate content, style, space, and community.
- We amplify new stories and adventurous theatrical forms to define what’s next in the American theatre.
- We focus on growing our students’ authority, voice, and point of view, while developing artists into the next generation of change-makers.
- Our work is responsive to what’s happening in our city, nation, and world.
- We work towards justice by challenging inequity and oppressive systems.
- Innovation, forward thinking, and collaboration lead the way.
- We center our work on reciprocal relationships with community partners.
- Representation is an act of social justice.
- Our growth is motivated by questioning the status quo, internally and externally.
- We strive for artistic excellence as defined by our collective community.