Art Handler + Transport Driver - Boston Metro & NYC
We are a high-end custom framing company located in Cambridge, MA that has been in business for over 40 years, and are currently seeking a part-time delivery driver. We are looking for reliable, dependable applicants who are available every Tuesday and Wednesday to make deliveries and pick-ups in the Boston Metro area and NYC (Manhattan, specifically). Some Monday shifts may also be necessary.
New York shuttles start very early in the morning on Wednesdays, and can run from 10 - 16 hours. Time-and-a-half is paid over 8hrs, and you are accompanied by another experienced lead driver. Local shuttles on Tuesdays are usually solo schedules and are about 6-8hr days. Mondays, if needed, would be shorter days and you would be well informed ahead of time.
You must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, have a valid driver's license with a clean record, and be flexible in your schedule as we will sometimes run our shuttle on Thursdays after a Monday holiday.
Art handling experience is not required, but applicants with experience moving and transporting artwork will be preferred.
Great work for recent art school grads!
Please apply by sending a cover letter detailing your interest in this position as well as a current resume in order to be considered for the job. Applicants without either a cover letter or resume will not be considered for the position. No phone calls, please.
Well-qualified applicants will have:
- Current driver's license with a clean driving record; able to safely drive a large Mercedes Sprinter van through Boston and Manhattan.
- Dependability is an absolute must.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as you will be working and driving with another person for an entire day+ as well as interacting with our high-end galleries and clients. Extreme friendliness is a must!
- Able to handle the high stress and pressure that comes with driving in NYC
- Have a somewhat flexible schedule as NYC shuttles will sometimes run on Thursdays (for Monday holidays).
- Able to lift at least 50lbs as frames and framed art can be large and heavy.
- Will be extremely reliable, personable, and professional as you represent the company to our clients.
- Hardworking, willing to take on more responsibilities as they become available, possesses critical thinking skills, and able to make swift, smart decisions as needed.
-Possess great care and attention to detail as you will be handling, transporting, and in care of extremely valuable and sometimes delicate artwork.
-Be willing to use all COVID protocols and precautions when interacting with clients, including wearing a face mask and any utilizing necessary cleaning/sanitizing requirements. All employees must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment including up-to-date boosters.
Again, previous Art Handling/Transport experience is not strictly required but preferred. Working knowledge of Manhattan is also a big plus. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Please apply by sending a cover letter detailing your interest in this position as well as a current resume in order to be considered for the job to email@example.com. Applicants without either a cover letter or resume will not be considered for the position. No phone calls, please.
May 27, 2023
$18,000 - $32,000 / Per year
About this Organization:
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we are a Boston picture framer that has been in the art framing business - producing handcrafted picture frames of the highest quality - since 1981. We fabricate welded steel frames, gold leaf-accented frames, and solid hardwood frames, transforming a wide variety of raw materials into unique creations for our clients who include individuals, artists, galleries, museums, and other custom framing companies across the country.
We provide museum quality custom framing and expert frame design. We maintain a close relationship with the fine art world, and provide all manner of art-related services for our clients, including professional design consultation, access to installation services, and conservators, as well as delivery throughout the metro Boston area.